Find an Eye Doctor

Find an Eye Doctor

Although we are unable to make specific eye doctor referrals, the following organizations may help you find a doctor.

>> en Español <<

American Glaucoma Society (
The AGS provides online listings of their members located throughout the United States (Find an AGS Doctor). Their members specialize in glaucoma and have received fellowship training in glaucoma following their ophthalmology residency.

American Academy of Ophthalmology (
The AAO provides online listings of member ophthalmologists practicing in the US and abroad (Find An Ophthalmologist). You can search for ophthalmologists by specialty and location. Select “glaucoma” as the subspecialty to search for a glaucoma specialist.

American Optometric Association (
(800) 365-2219
Your state optometric association can provide you with information about doctors of optometry in your area. Call the main phone number to get the number for your state association, or go to the AOA website.

Doctor Certification — American Board of Medical Specialties
866-ASK-ABMS (866-275-2267)
You can check to see if a doctor is board-certified by calling the American Board of Medical Specialties. Board certification does not prove a doctor’s competency, but it does show that the physician has passed the board’s exam for his or her specialty.



Glaucoma Research Foundation Ambassadors
The GRF Ambassadors are a national leadership group of eye doctors who specialize in glaucoma and are dedicated to improving access to educational materials for all glaucoma patients. GRF Ambassadors are advocates for patient education, assist with the development of educational materials, and make patient education a key component within their practice.

County Medical Society
Most counties have a local medical society which keeps a listing of all the doctors in the area. You may wish to contact your local health department for the number if none is listed in your telephone directory.

University Based Hospitals
Other resources for physician referrals are major hospitals or medical universities. Consult with the ophthalmology department of each school to find out their referral policies.

Last reviewed on May 2, 2023

Top of page